Elliott Chappell Health Centre
215 Hessle Road
Telephone: 01482 335533
Sydenham Group Practice
Sydenham Group Practice
Elliott Chappell Health Centre 215 Hessle Road Hull HU3 4BB 01482 335533
1.The system is available for you to use 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for admin enquiries and medical consultations.
If you are sending a medical consultation please only use it for routine problems; we review incoming consultations every working day but not when we are closed.
If you send a medical consultation before 1pm we aim to respond to you the same day. If you send it after 1pm it will be the following day.
If you are not sure whether to use it when we are closed please seek alternative help by phoning 111 or 999, depending on the urgency of your problem.
2. Your medical consultation is ALWAYS reviewed by a nurse or doctor and ALWAYS by someone that is qualified to deal with your problem. The system doesn't make any decisions for clinicians it just gathers information about your problem so a clinician can decide what to do.
3. Using the system helps us to help you see the right person for your problem at the earliest opportunity. This is because you have provided a lot of information about your problem before we see you, so we can assess your needs much better. Sometimes we might be able to help you over the phone so you won't even need to visit the practice.
4. Completing all the questions asked when you are using the system is far more helpful than only telling us what the problem is or partially completing the questionnaire. Completing the questionnaire will help us to make sure you see the right person first time. If you don't complete the questionnaire we might not have enough information to help you, so we'll have to arrange an appointment for you. We understand there might be times when you don't know the answer to a question and it's OK to skip a question if you don't know the answer.
5. You can use the system to send admin enquiries as well as medical ones. You can send us a message asking when your prescription will be ready, asking for a fit note, or any other question you have that's not a medical problem.
6. Registering to use the system (rather than using a guest login) helps you and us. It means you don't have to enter your personal details every time you use the system. It also means the practice can use two way messaging with you which is more convenient for you and the practice.
7. This isn't a video consultation. The system uses a questionnaire to gather information about your condition so a doctor or nurse can review it and decide on the best course of action. If you are sending an administrative query then this will be reviewed by one of our administration team.
8. It can be used for follow ups and changes in an existing condition. You can use the system to send consultations about a new problem, an existing condition, or if you've been asked by the clinician to send more information after an appointment (follow on information).
Patients can now consult online with a GP/nurse/clinician at our practice as part of a new online service which could save you time and a journey.
Using the online consultation service makes it easier for us to quickly decide how we can best help you with the least amount of disruption to your day. The service is free and confidential and medical consultations are always reviewed by a GP or nurse.
Simply answer questions about your symptoms online and we'll call you back the same day (or the next working day if it's sent after 1pm) with general advice or signposting, a telephone consultation or, if necessary, we'll get you booked in for an appointment. You can use the system 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
You can also use the system to send administrative queries if you have a question relating to test results, letters, medical reports or have a general enquiry.
The service also offers access to reliable and trustworthy self-help generic information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week that may help you to avoid an appointment altogether.
If you register to use the system then you won't have to enter your personal details every time you send us a consultation and we'll be able to send you secure messages online rather than having to try and contact you by telephone.
If you're not sure about what online consultation is or whether to use it then please read this page.
BOOK SURGERY APPOINTMENTS &
ORDER REPEAT PRESCRIPTIONS
ON LINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING
Click the Systm Online Logo below
(contact practice for username and password)
Media Fizz Digital
Syndication Partner with NHS Choices
All Rights Reserved Copyright